Interested in a part-time job? We are looking for someone to help supervise children in our after school club.
Acorns Breakfast & After School Club is based at Hillcroft Primary School and provides quality childcare for children between the ages of 3 and 11. We are looking for someone to join our team on a permanent basis to work at our after school club in the afternoons. This is a great opportunity for a valued member of the local community. Whether you are looking for a job to fit in with your family commitments, early retirement, or looking for a great part time position, this could be the perfect job for you
About Hillcroft Primary School
Hillcroft is a Primary school for children aged 4-11 years of age with a Nursery catering for children from 3 years of age. Our dedicated and enthusiastic staff aim to provide the best education for all our children by ensuring they are supported, engaged and inspired in their learning. Hillcroft Primary is part of the Chalklands Cluster, working alongside 3 other Primary schools in the Caterham area. This provides a collaborative approach to working, which means all the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience for the local community.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should:
• Have an interest in the play needs of children
• Be able to participate in a variety of activities including arts and crafts, cooking, and other outdoor and indoor games
• Be proactive, using their own initiative to differentiate activities to ensure full inclusion for all abilities and ages.
• Be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents/carers in a way that supports children and values parental involvement.
Why work at Hillcroft Primary School
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Excellent CPD opportunities
Hours: 2.45-6pm, 5 days a week (16.25 per week), 42 weeks of the year (term time plus 3)
Salary: G3/4 £17,322 - £20, 523
Pro Rata: £7,178 - £8,504
Closing date for applications: 26th February 2020
Interview date: w/c 2nd March 2020
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment, please call the school office.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.