We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team
“The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas” Ofsted October 2017
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts for KS4 progress and was nominated for TES Employer of the Year in 2018
As our Behaviour Support Assistant, you will work alongside the Behaviour Learning Manager to help ensure that the support provision operates in an efficient and effective manner, making sure that every child is supported to achieve their full potential. You will assist in the promotion of high standards of punctuality, attendance, learning and behaviour, and assist with the provision of administrative support for the behaviour support team.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Victory Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT).
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Experience of working with children aged 11-18 in a school setting.
• Experience of working with children who display challenging behaviour and an ability to motivate and encourage pupils.
• Experience of resolving conflict and facilitating mediation between young people.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to relate well to a wide range of people including pupils, staff, parents and external professionals.
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative.
• An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people.
• Good general standard of education at level 2 or above, including L2 English and Maths
• Knowledge of current child protection and safeguarding practice.
• Good ICT skills including use of SIMS and Behaviour Watch.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Additional skills and experience:
• Further qualification in working with children, young people and families.
• Participation on courses relevant to supporting pupils who experience emotional and behavioural difficulties.
• Experience of working with or in alternative provision.
• Knowledge of support services available to young people.
What we can offer you:
• A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Onsite parking free of charge
A tour of The Academy is highly recommended. To arrange, please call our Office Manager Kealy Davidson.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.