Would you like to work in Kuwait?
At The English Academy, we are looking for a passionate Biology teacher to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students, with the possible opportunity for a middle management role as Subject Coordinator. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
WHY CHOOSE US
The English Academy is a Good-rated school based in Kuwait. We offer staff accommodation, annual flights and access to the National Health Service in Kuwait. Our school is set in the Hawally region of Kuwait, where there is easy access to transport, shopping Malls, gyms and plenty of food options to suit everyone's palate. You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. We are a BSO accredited school and are part of the BSME community. We pride ourselves on excellent student behaviour and IGCSE/IAL examination results. Our school community offers the opportunity to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities and we are passionate about staff work-life balance throughout the school.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Salary based on the number of years teaching.A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability. Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn. Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching. A successful NQT support program. Personal Chromebook for lesson preparation and delivery. Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations. Promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
- Degree in the subject teaching.
- Experience in teaching the British curriculum.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- NQTs are welcome to apply.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Experience in teaching KS3 and 4.
- Possible experience in Teaching KS5
- Experience in teaching IGCSE and A Level would be a bonus.
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum.
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to contact the Head of Secondary for an informal conversation.
The English Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.