Salary: £19630 - £22454 per annum, 36 hours a week, 52 weeks per year
Split shift – exact hours to be agreed with the successful candidate.
We are looking to recruit a Caretaker to join our friendly team to help look after our school by undertaking a range of duties to contribute to the cleanliness, security and day to day upkeep of the premises.
We are looking for someone who:
• Lives within a short driving distance to our school
• Will be responsible for unlocking the school on time each day
• Is adaptable and a team player
• Is patient, caring and calm
• Is enthusiastic, with a good sense of humour
• Has basic DIY skills and can carry out minor repairs as required.
• Is well motivated and able to use their initiative
• Can monitor the cleaners in their tasks
• Ensures facilities are kept secure, clean and tidy
• Is familiar with COSHH procedures (or is willing to learn)/responsible for clearing up spills, fluids etc
• Responds to emergencies, contacting repair and maintenance suppliers as necessary
• Will uphold the values of our school
• is able to support the distinctive Christian ethos of the school but does not have to be a practicing Christian
** Please see the job description for the full details of this role **
Ashley School is part of The Good Shepherd Trust. Please take the time to look at our website which will give you more information about our school, our ethos, aims and values.
Closing date: Friday 28th February 2020
Interview date: tbc
Start date: To be agree with the successful candidate
All applications must be made using the online application form – we do not accept CVs.
Please note that we will take up references before the interview. It is essential therefore, that all reference details supplied are correct, up to date and include a current email address.
If you would like to visit us, we will be pleased to show you around. Please contact the school to arrange this. If you would like more information about the role, please call our Office Manager, Jackie Harker to discuss.
The closing date for this job is Friday 28th February 2020 but applications will be considered as they are received and the school reserves the right to appoint at any point during the application process.