Central Studio and Queen Mary’s Hall
CASUAL – Thursday Evenings, plus cover
Queen Mary’s College operates several income generating facilities across its vibrant 25 acre campus, including a leisure centre, theatre and facility lettings. Central Studio is a small professional theatre specifically designed to provide space as well as entertainment to the community hosting a range of events and performances, including live music, children’s theatre, comedy, conferencing and parties.
The ideal applicant for this role is someone wishing to experience a senior role in order to enhance their CV and professional skills. By rota, the Central Studio Duty Officers will work in one of the following capacities; Front Of House, Bar Supervisor, Box Office Sales, Lone Worker and Key Holder. A flexible and mature outlook to working in public entertainments is required by all candidates.
- An interest in the entertainment and hospitality sector
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work independently and use initiative
- You should be willing and available to Thursday evenings and provide cover when required
- The ability to pay attention to detail
- Good administration skills
- Computer literate and experience of using a data or leisure management system and POS
- Ideally you should have experience of bar, retail or hospitality work
- At least one year experience of supervising
- Strong organisational skills
- Good people management skills
Closing date 24th February 2020