2 x 1 year full time (part time considered) contract starting Summer/ Autumn Term 2020 (negotiable). Potential for permanent role due to further college growth.
Based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Main or upper pay range
(£24,373 - £40,490) *depending on experience
The post is also suitable for NQTs and we welcome your application
John Ferneley College is based in Melton Mowbray and is an easy commute from Leicester, Loughborough, Nottingham and Grantham. The College is in a modern state of the art building with a friendly atmosphere, great students, welcoming teaching teams and a proven track record of positive outcomes for our students. The college is expanding with further growth and requirement likely in the next few years. If you have the passion and desire for great science teaching and want an opportunity to build your career then you will fit right in to our friendly team.
Joining our Science team, you will have responsibility for teaching chemistry at GCSE level and all 3 sciences at KS3 targeting high quality learning across all year groups. We teach AQA Combined (Trilogy) and Triple science. We are heavily committed to subject-specific CPD and are currently actively engaged in numerous CPD programmes. As part of a closely collaborating Trust there are opportunities for the team to extend their practice into other whole Trust areas.
Working with us will give you:
- an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude to securing life chances for children
- an environment with moral purpose at its heart
- a climate that takes seriously the wellbeing of it’s much valued teaching team
- a comprehensive wellbeing package of benefits
- a sensible approach to teacher workload
- 1:1 support in strategic career planning
- a culture that takes work life balance seriously
- a personalised CPD programme to help you achieve all you’re capable of
- wonderful students
Please note live tours are available with Alistair Hallifax, Head of Science at John Ferneley College. For further information please see 'Apply Now' section or Recruitment Pack attached.
Closing Date: Tuesday 18th February at midnight.
Shortlisting to take place week beginning Monday 24th February.
Interviews will take place week beginning Monday 2nd March.
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.