Head of Geography Department
Band A (£30,480) – Band C (£49,571) plus
Management Allowance (MA) 2 £4,657
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and forward-thinking teacher to undertake the role as Head of Geography.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide leadership of a thriving and highly successful Geography Department and to join an experienced and supportive Humanities Faculty. He/she should be well-qualified, have excellent subject knowledge and be able to teach through all Key Stages to Advanced level.
Drayton Manor recognise and value continued professional development and as such, training opportunities will be made available to you throughout your career with us.
Drayton Manor is a heavily oversubscribed, diverse, vibrant and successful school with proud traditions and an excellent reputation. Our school motto of ‘Nec Aspera Terrent - hardships do not deter us,’ is at the heart of our ethos and we live this vision every day in our work with our students and everything that we do.
Candidates who have extremely high expectations and are keen to take a full and active role in the life of the school are encouraged to apply. This role requires meticulous attention to detail and a firm commitment to upholding the ethos, values and expectations of the school.
Student achievement is high with our most recent provisional progress score at GCSE placing us in the top 10% of schools nationally.
• The opportunity to work for an organisation which is values driven and places our students at the centre of everything we do
• The opportunity to work with fantastic students who are aspirational and driven to succeed
• Access to high quality CPD and support with career progression
• Magnificent buildings and an attractive and harmonious working environment
• An exciting opportunity to be involved in shaping the future direction of the school
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role please contact the HR Office.
The closing date is 12 noon, Tuesday 25 February 2020.
We reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
No agencies or CVs.