Junior IT Technician
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: Support staff salary point 23 (£19,701 - £21,771))
We are seeking a motivated IT professional to join our established team as a junior IT Technician. You will play a key role in the support of our IT/AV service by providing a professional front line service to our staff and students, contributing to problem resolution as well as the development and implementation of new systems and services.
• To perform first level support for all IT/AV systems at the College and to act as primary point of contact, alongside the IT technician within the IT Helpdesk Department,
• To provide IT Help Desk service at advertised times, following the policies and procedures provided by the Computing Services department,
• To undertake the repair of IT hardware as necessary,
• To prepare IT/AV equipment for evening lettings,
• To carry out routine maintenance and installation of IT/AV systems across the College,
• To help maintain the IT Assets Register, ensuring that details of all new equipment, disposals, and relocation of equipment are recorded and updated as required,
• To be responsible for electrically re-testing all IT hardware on a scheduled basis,
• To monitor the internal IT ticketing system, resolve IT/AV support requests and where appropriate escalate to IT Technician or IT Manager,
• Participating in the Staff PDR system, and attending CPD and training sessions as required.
The post holder will be reporting to the Trust IT Manager.
A satisfactory DBS check will be required.
Closing date for applications:
Sunday 1st March 2020
Interviews to take place:
Friday 13th March 2020
Richard Taunton Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.