Warren Mead Junior School is looking for a Learning Assistant to work alongside and support the Class Teacher, making effective use of resources in order to achieve the highest standards of learning and achievement for all children.
You will also support the school improvement plan led by the Headteacher, whilst promoting the well-being of staff and children in the school. We believe in lifelong learning and would be interested to hear from candidates who are considering becoming an advanced teaching assistant or trainee teacher in the future.
About Warren Mead Schools
Warren Mead is a great place to work and we invest in our staff and their well being. We have worked together as staff to identify those things which have a high workload but low impact on our children's education and to reduce or remove these. All our staff have a well being day renewed each year as well planning days each term. We have an extensive and varied menu of extra curricular activities which is deliberately provided by external specialists. To find out more, please visit us to meet our Executive Headteacher and children.
What we are looking for
● Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
● Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
● Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
● Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
● Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
● Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
● Have experience of working with children
Why work at Warren Mead Schools:
• Amazing pupils, friendly supportive staff and committed governing body
• Small classes
• Excellent continuing professional development
• Be part of 2 schools coming together
Closing date: Wednesday 4th March
Hours: 8:30am – 1pm Monday to Friday (22.5 hours a week)
Salary: G3/4 FTE £17,322- £20,523
Pro Rata: £9,228 - £10,934
Start date: As soon as possible
Interview date: Monday 9th March
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.