Mandarin teacher - September 2020 (potential vacancy)
Full-time/Part-time depending on student enrolment
Advance your career within the Lycée's innovative, collaborative and dynamic environment established in providing a versatile means to differentiate the learning experience and encourage creativity and collaboration amongst our students. With fantastic opportunities for professional development, we can provide bespoke courses to match the needs of our teachers. Our internal digital and teaching specialists can equip you with the right experience, knowledge and training you need to succeed.
Overview of role
All our teachers teach in their native language. This could be a full-time or part-time role depending on student enrolment.
A Full-time teaching role is 20 hours/week contact time + 3 hours support to students/class cover. The remaining time is for PPA, collaboration and meetings.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Deliver instruction in Mandarin to Primary and Secondary students - language immersion approach
- Deliver instruction that supports the variability of learners
- Model, foster and create an environment where an innovative mindset is cultivated
- Write your own schemes of work
- Use long and short range planning to ensure that the curriculum is met and aligned with school standards
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, hands-on/project-based activities to increase student learning and confidence to learn for all students
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Analyse student assessment results to help inform instruction
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians
- Maintain up to date records of student achievement on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centered learning
About Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school in Wembley, London offering two tracks: the French curriculum in a bilingual environment and the English International Program leading to the IB Diploma programme in Y12 and 13.
The school opened its doors in September 2015 and now welcomes 850 students from Year 1 to Year 13. Located in the splendid, historic and entirely renovated Brent Town Hall, the Lycée offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning tools where the art and happiness of learning and teaching rule.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.