Nursery Practitioner (Baby room), Clapham South, London
Start date: ASAP
We have a vacancy for a Nursery Practitioner to join the Baby Room of Nightingales Nursery, based at St Francis Xavier College. Candidates must have obtained a NVQ level 3 in childcare or equivalent qualification in a related field. This is an exciting role for a dynamic and enthusiastic Nursery Practitioner to join a thriving Nursery in the heart of a busy Sixth Form College. The role is full time for 37 hours per week on a shift rota from 8.00 am – 6.00 Monday to Friday, all year.
All applicants should have a strong desire to work with, and care for babies and children. They should be kind, enthusiastic, patient and able to work in harmony with other like-minded people within a safe, stimulating and happy environment.
Candidates should have
Post qualification experience of working with babies and toddlers and a good track record of working with under 5s.
- Have a good understating of the EYFS and ability to put it in practice.
- Be able to work in a caring and energetic team.
- Be able to follow all safeguarding policies and procedures of the Nursery.
- Be able to follow all requirements of administrative duties such as planning, observations and report writing.
- Be able to communicate feedback with all staff and parents.
Benefits include excellent training opportunities, cycle to work scheme, free use of our state of the art gym and free sight test. Nightingales' Nursery and SFX is 2 minutes’ walk from Clapham South Underground Station.
How to apply
To apply please visit our website and submit fully completed application forms. Please note, we do not accept CVs, application forms only.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 26th February 2020.
All successful candidates must be willing to undergo a DBS Police check.
- NNEB/NVQ3/BTEC National/CACHE L3/ DCE level 3 qualified.
- The ability to work in a team.
- A good sense of humour.
- A calm, adaptable disposition.
- Excellent knowledge of child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Genuine enjoyment of the company of children.
Post qualification experience of working with babies and a good track record of working with children under 5 years old.
- A commitment to the safeguarding of children is essential.
- Applicants must have an awareness of the need for personal development, both as a member of a team and as an individual.
- The candidate must have a commitment to the Ethos and values appropriate to a Catholic College.
St Francis Xavier Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.