Warren Mead Schools are looking to appoint a reliable and efficient caretaker to work across our infant and junior school site. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing and consistently developing school.
Ideally you will have some experience in a similar role or can demonstrate a keen interest in maintenance and DIY, and an awareness of Health and Safety. The successful candidate will work to ensure the security of the school buildings and health and safety compliance, carrying out a programme of maintenance work and monitoring the repair and maintenance work of others as directed by the Headteacher. As a key holder, the role will also include security of the school premises including all buildings and contents.
About Warren Mead Schools
Warren Mead is a great place to work and we invest in our staff and their well-being. All our staff have a well-being day renewed each year as well planning days each term. To find out more, please visit us to meet our Executive Headteacher and children.
What we are looking for
• Someone who has a good awareness of health and safety issues
• Is reliable and able to work on their own initiative
• Is capable at carrying out basic maintenance and DIY tasks
• Is friendly, enthusiastic and a good team player
• Is able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
• Is keen to contribute positively to the life of the school
Why work at Warren Mead Schools:
• Excellent continuing professional development
• Be part of 2 schools coming together
• Opportunity to link with the wider estates team
• Hours: Full time – 36 hours a week, 52 weeks per year
• Start Date: ASAP
• Salary: G3/4 £17,322 - £20,523
• Close Date: 4th March 2020
• Interview Date: 12th March 2020
Visits are encouraged - please contact the School Office.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.