Professeur de SPC - Sept. 2020
To start 1 September 2020 (team induction week starts 25 Aug. 2020)
Contrat de droit local avec possibilité de demande de détachement
Advance your career within the Lycée's innovative, collaborative and dynamic environment established in providing a versatile means to differentiate the learning experience and encourage creativity and collaboration amongst our students. With fantastic opportunities for professional development, we can provide bespoke courses to match the needs of our teachers. Our internal digital and teaching specialists can equip you with the right experience, knowledge and training you need to succeed.
Overview of role
All our teachers teach in their native language. This could be a full-time or part-time role depending on student enrolment and is for a native-level French speaker. A Full time teaching role is 20 hours/week contact time + 3 hours support to students/class cover. The remaining time is for PPA, collaboration and meetings.
Pour des professeurs titulaire du ministère de l'éducation nationale, nous proposons un contrat de droit local avec possibilité de demande de détachement.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Demonstrate the ability to model, deliver, and craft rich student-centered learning experiences around Science - Physcis and Chemistry
- Work in partnership with teachers and staff, modeling consistent effective teaching with technology, engagement, lesson plan design and online tools
- Understand and be able to design, develop, assess, and manage Science (SPC) learning experiences
- Deliver instruction that supports the variability of learners
- Model, foster and create an environment where an innovative mindset is cultivated
- Write your own schemes of work
- Use long and short range planning to ensure that the curriculum is met and aligned with school standards
- Use a variety of instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, hands-on/project-based activities to increase student learning and confidence to learn for all students
- Provide meaningful assignments and feedback to students
- Analyse student assessment results to help inform instruction
- Maintain contact with parents/guardians
- Maintain up to date records of student achievement on school system
- Strong organisational and class management skills that promote student centered learning
Why work at LIL ?
- An international school 'Outstanding’ in Personal development, behaviour & welfare, and Sixth form provision, where you will join a very strong team of highly qualified and experienced teaching and support team.
- A welcoming and innovative environment in which to teach and learn
- A vibrant location, easily accessible by Underground
- Generous LIL rewards and benefits package (see below)
We can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Free loan of iPad worth £800 non-taxable
- Free 3-course meal cooked fresh in our kitchen everyday, equivalent to £1,000/annum non taxable
- Fantastic work spaces and ressources
- National and international professional development opportunities
- Up to 85% tuition remission for children
- Enhanced paternity/maternity leave, 2 weeks fully paid
- Enhanced sick leave scheme to support you when you need it most
- National and international travel when chaperoning trips
- Perkbox account paid for by the school
- Cycle to work scheme vouchers
- Free hot drinks and fruit throughout the day
- Social events and staff parties
What we are looking for at LIL
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of a modern, bilingual, progressive and dynamic school where innovation and care provide the foundation on which we build a path to excellence for every student. We would like to hear from you if you have:
- CAPES / Master / Licence ès Sciences Physiques
- Une expérience d’au moins deux ans dans l’enseignement de cette discipline
- L’expérience à l’international est un atout
- Strong Google Apps for Education skills (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, etc) or willingness to learn
- A passion for education and making a difference
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to motivate others to high expectations
- Energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the School as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
It is a requirement that all staff work in a flexible manner compatible with their jobs and in line with the objectives of the Lycée International de Londres. Please note that the job description for this position may be reviewed and amended to incorporate the future needs of the Lycée.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity and overseas police checks from any countries a candidate has lived for longer than three months since the age of 18.
Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an equal opportunities employer.