Job Title: Receptionist
Location: Caroline Chisholm School, The Wooldale Centre for Learning, Wooldale Road, Northampton, NN4 6TP
Reporting To: PA to Principal
Hours: 20.25 hours per week over 39 weeks per annum. Working hours will be 13:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday.
£8,455.79 - £8,624.77 pro rata amount for 20.25 hours over 39 weeks
Start date: As soon as possible
• Responsible for the secondary school reception (may also be required to cover primary reception at times)
• First point of contact for visitors.
• Support with general administration tasks.
• Maintain a welcoming and efficient school reception area, greeting visitors, answering the telephone, handling deliveries – ensuring that agreed service standards are met to support efficient school management
• Undertake general office duties as and when required to ensure provision of an efficient and effective administration service for the school
• Monitor, co-ordinate and distribute stocks of office supplies to minimise waste and maintain effective operation of the administrative function in school
• Prepare outgoing post daily and send daily bulletin
• Initiate, build and maintain good working relationships with staff, students, parents and all other community users
• Work effectively as part of the administration team, supporting other colleagues in their roles and participating in relevant training and professional development
• Assist in the safe and efficient handling of student records
• Contribute to the overall aims and ethos of the school
• Be aware of and comply with policies relating to child protection, health & safety and confidentiality, reporting concerns to the appropriate person
• Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
• Attend weekly Administration Team meetings
Closing date Monday 24th February 2020
Interview date likely to be 26th February 2020
Caroline Chisholm School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.