Queen Eleanor's CofE Junior School is an Ofsted Good-rated (Sept 17) Academy based in Guildford. Our school is a large community junior school, set in three acres of leafy suburbs of the town, with excellent transport links both to A3 and in walking distance of the Central Rail station. We offer on-site parking, childcare vouchers and a cycle scheme as well as employee assistance programme for all staff.
You will be an experienced sports coach with the ability to inspire both pupils and colleagues. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school. You will deliver high quality PE & Games lessons to our children, as well as provide After School Club activities and manage the organisation and attendance of sports fixtures.
We welcome those with a proven track record of achievement in a School environment but encourage applications from different sporting backgrounds. Swimming coaching qualifications would be an advantage as Queen Eleanor’s has an outdoor swimming pool which is in use for swimming lessons during the summer and autumn terms.
This role will include:
• Lead group sessions to National Curriculum guidelines.
• Run a range of Sport After-School clubs.
• Ensure all PE equipment and sports areas are kept to a high standard.
• Prepare resources where appropriate.
• Set up, take down and store activity equipment.
• Manage the school sports teams and arrange sporting fixtures with other schools.
• Uphold the Schools Health & Safety and Safeguarding procedures in PE & school sport.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Salary £18,884- £29,123 FTE
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working and CPD within our shared family of schools (MAT).
• A dedicated and friendly staff team who are keen to develop and learn.
• The opportunity to lead in a curriculum area.
• Fantastic sports facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
• Onsite parking. Onsite canteen.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Sport Coaching Qualifications.
• 2 year(s) + sports coaching experience.
• Experience of working with Primary aged children
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A knowledge of the PE curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
Visits to the school are both welcomed and encouraged and prospective candidates should contact the School Office to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Applications should be made using the attached application form via eteach (CVs are not acceptable) .Please note that the school reserves the right to interview suitable candidates prior to the application close date. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced level DBS check.
Application Close date: Sunday 23rd February at midday.
Interview date: Friday 28th February.
Safeguarding Statement: The Good Shepherd Trust and Queen Eleanor’s Junior School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our employment practices reflect this commitment.
Queen Eleanor’s Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, pre-interview references and an enhanced DBS check.