Teacher of English (x3)
Required: September 2020
Post: Full Time, permanent
Employed By: Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust
Based at: Saltley Academy, Belchers Lane, Birmingham B9 5RX.
Do you have the ambition and determination to secure positive outcomes for young people? Do you want to work in a forward-thinking and aspirational academy that places learning at the heart of everything it does, where your professional development is important to us and your innovation valued? If so we want to hear from you.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for 3 English Teachers to join our high performing, collaborative English department, and teach English Language and Literature at key stages 3 and 4. This position requires a qualified and dedicated English teacher with passion and drive, who believes that every student can achieve their full potential.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an inspiring teacher with real passion and enthusiasm for the subject with excellent subject knowledge
• Be committed to delivering an excellent standard of teaching for all students every lesson
• Set themselves and their students high standards and have high expectations
• Be a good communicator and a strong team player
• Have a willingness to contribute to the department and whole school projects, including the extra-curricular life of the Academy
• Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to English
• Are a Rights Respecting Gold award school with a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued.
• Are committed to continuous improvement and creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life.
• Offer a whole range of opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential.
• Are well resourced and ICT rich.
• Are part of the WHA Multi Academy Trust that provides numerous professional development opportunities, on-site parking and Perkbox benefits, which include discounted restaurants and free mobile phone insurance.
‘Outstanding, resilient and loving’ is how one of our students described our school during our last Ofsted inspection, so we know you would love it here – our friendly, supportive staff always go the extra mile for their students. We are an Ofsted rated Good school, come and join us on our journey to Outstanding.
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. This post is suitable for a teacher currently in their NQT year or an experienced teacher.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am Monday 2nd March
(NB CVs will not be accepted)
Saltley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Saltley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.