Teacher of French & German - part time (Maternity cover)
Required Easter 2020
Set in 26 acres of beautiful parkland in Cobham, Notre Dame School nestles in a picturesque 18th century mansion beside the River Mole. Notre Dame is a Catholic School and is a Foundation of the Company of Mary Our Lady with an ethos shaped by the life and work of St Jeanne de Lestonnac. Despite the tranquil setting Notre Dame School is a hive of activity, with over 600 children and teachers working hard in the important business of education. The school has an enviable reputation for the highest academic standards and a progressive, holistic, academic education that is underpinned by over 400 years of international educational tradition in 30 countries. Established in England in 1937, the school has always had the philosophy that the greatest success comes from knowing how to learn and how to ask the right questions; training pupils to take an active role in reaching and exceeding early expectations. From the vibrant Nursery to the exciting Sixth Form, tomorrow's professionals acquire the skills, knowledge and qualifications that give them the best possible start in life.
Notre Dame School are seeking an outstanding Teacher of French and German who has a strong tradition of academic success, innovation and enrichment.
We are looking foremost for a dynamic, talented practitioner who can teach French and German up to GCSE level. You will be a good Honours Graduate with Qualified Teacher Status or an NQT who is looking to continue to develop excellent teaching practice in a very supportive environment.
You should be innovative, enthusiastic, highly committed and have a clear vision of the future of language teaching, and the ability to translate this into real learning experience for the pupils. You will have the capacity to inspire them, and to provide a lively, stimulating, tolerant, and supportive environment that can engender the highest levels of achievement through clear leadership and efficient administration.
You will communicate your love of the subject beyond the confines of the timetable.
The represents an outstanding opportunity for you to work in a school where teachers have a strong sense of community and enthusiasm and in which, involvement, pastorally, and in the broader curriculum, is the expected norm.
- To plan and produce interesting, varied and effective lessons, with clear and appropriate objectives
- To take account of girls’ prior levels of attainment and use them to set targets for future improvement
- To set appropriate and demanding expectations for girls’ learning, motivation and presentation of work
- To mark work regularly and promptly, in accordance with the school’s assessment policy providing constructive oral and written feedback, and clear targets for future learning as appropriate
- To foster enthusiasm for languages
- To organise and participate in trips and extra-curricular activities as required
- The opportunity to teach up to A-Level
- The School has high expectations of its staff, and therefore looks to reward them with a competitive salary scale and beneficial conditions of service
- Small class sizes
- There is an extensive induction programme for all new colleagues and ongoing professional development is encouraged
- There is ample opportunity to take on additional responsibility
- The School enjoys a fantastic situation: central London is 30 minutes away, the M25 and A3 are 5 minutes away. Heathrow is less than half an hour.
- Fee concessions are available for the pupils of any member of staff who meet the school’s entry requirements
- Longer holidays than the state maintained sector
- Free on-site parking
- School Nurse on site during term time
- Free use of the school’s leisure and sporting facilities, including a heated indoor pool.
- Free lunch and refreshments are available throughout the working day
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 24th February 2020
Start date: Easter 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by senior members of the School and take a tour of the school.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form - Please download and complete this form. Once complete, please send directly to email@example.com
Overseas Police Check Form
Please note that before making an application for any vacancy listed you should familiarise yourself with our Recruitment Privacy Notice, Safeguarding Policy, Safer Recruitment Policy, Keeping Children Safe in Education and Equal Opportunities Policy which are available at: notredame.careers.eteach.com
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.