The Weald Church of England Primary School is an ambitious school, with a firm commitment to continue to improve and develop every day. We are seeking a dedicated and caring Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team.
The role is for 25 hours per week, to support the various teaching and learning needs within our school.
Duties include supporting children with all aspects of social and academic learning within the classroom in groups and 1:1. You will also undertake some lunchtime supervisory duties. You will need a firm, fair and consistent approach to managing behaviour and should feel confident to use your own initiative when the need arises.
You will have a positive attitude of self-improvement and a commitment to working alongside colleagues to share best practice, learn, reflect and improve.
The successful candidate will:
- Be approachable and friendly
- Be experienced in working with children
- Be flexible, committed and willing to learn
- Have good communication skills
- Have good levels of English and Maths
- Be passionate about making lunchtime experiences exciting and memorable
- Be a reflective practitioner who is always open to new initiatives
- Be a team player who is highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Be empathetic and able to support and promote our Christian ethos and values
Does this sound like you? If you have something to offer the children and staff at The Weald and are ready for a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you!
Visits to our school are highly recommended and warmly welcomed. Please contact a member of our office team, to arrange an appointment for a visit.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 3 March. This is a fixed term contract until 22 July 2020 in the first instance. The salary quoted is for a full time equivalent role, pro rata salary will be at least £9,761 per annum. Start date to be negotiated.
The Weald is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment . All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant pre-employment checks, including a section 128 check.